- Category: Permaculture
- The perfect green gift
- Nurture the natural world for our children & grandchildren
- Foster a small parcel of wildlife in Tipperary
- ‘One generation plants the trees, another gets the shade’
Cloughjordan Ecovillage - Our Community Woodlands
In 2011, we planted more than 17,000 native trees – alder, ash, oak, sweet chestnut, birch, wild cherry and rowan. Our aim in planting the woodland was to provide a wilderness area to nurture biodiversity.
In the permaculture design process, we also focused on providing paths for walking, a site for woodland skills workshops, a small Celtic 8-circle stone labyrinth, fruits from fruit bearing trees and from the sub-layers of the forest and, in time, wood for fuel and crafts.
This new woodland will provide much-needed habitats for invertebrates, animals, birds, fungi, mosses and other flora. It’s our gift to the natural world and a legacy for future generations.
We are seeking your support to nurture this community woodland through its infancy and to protect it in perpetuity.
It costs only €50 to become a Community Woodland Guardian.
As well as our heartfelt thanks, you will receive:
- A Woodland Guardian Certificate
- A thank you card
- Two updates throughout the year with news and pictures of our ecovillage and woodland
- Your name will appear in our Christmas video that goes live on 24th December on our website