- Category: Systems Thinking
– a workshop with David Rooke
This workshop explores the remarkable challenges of leadership in these times through the lens of the Leadership Development Framework. How we see and understand the world, which is the basis for all action, evolves through distinct levels of capability and insight with time and experience. These levels of insight or ‘action logics’ enable leaders to comprehend and deal with increasing complexity, enabling profoundly different types of leadership wisdom to emerge.This workshop will...
- consider the development journey of managers and leaders, particularly seeking to understand why 55% of leaders in organisations do not develop beyond the last of the conventional stages or actions logics, and the impact this has on the ability of organisations to respond to crises.
- explore what activities may support development to what is described as post-conventional leadership.
- explore the issues through discussions and practical exercises.
An associated background article re: ‘The Seven Transformations of Leadership’ can be downloaded from www.harthill.co.uk/resources/published-articles.html
This workshop is the second in a series of events held by Cultivate intended to help us discover and grow the leadership within ourselves that will take us towards greater sustainability and resilience in our communities and workplaces. This will mean more and more people stepping up, engaging and taking responsibility for helping us all to understand and tackle the complex local and global issues that impact the lives of people today. It is also our intention that these sessions provide a space where like-minded individuals can connect and new initiatives emerge. For further information regarding this developing programme and network, please contact