- Category: Permaculture Archive
The Garden Design Workshop is a hands-on and practical workshop perfect for those wishing to design their own gardens and create livable and inspiring spaces for their home, affordably.
Do you have a garden that needs a facelift? Do you want professional advice before you start the process?
This course will teach you how to design your own garden over 4 weeks through a series of workshops which will cover everything from basic site surveying and inspiring ideas, to planting design, paving materials, and budgeting. By incorporating sustainable design principles like permaculture, water harvesting, and reuse of existing materials, you can get your garden working FOR you, and save time and money in the process.
During the workshops you will design your own garden and acquire the skills you need to get the most of out of even the smallest of urban spaces. You will receive ongoing professional advice throughout the process.
Each workshop will provide practical information as well studio time to work on your garden design. The course culminates in a 1.5 hour Individual Design Consultation with a Landscape Architect (course instructor).
• Practical tips and advice from a Landscape Architect who will guide you through the design process
• Imaginative and inspiring garden ideas
• Small class sizes ensuring individually tailored advice
• Course fee is for individuals OR households – bring your partner or housemate and design your garden together!
• Fee includes a 1.5 hour Individual Design Consultation at the end of the workshop series
David Andrews is a Landscape Architect who has been living in Ireland with his family for over 5 years. Originally from the US, he has worked in Landscape Architecture since 2002 in Massachusetts, California, and Ireland. He currently works for himself undertaking private garden designs and small commercial projects. He also lectures and tutors in the Landscape Architecture Department at University College Dublin.