- Category: Energy & Climate
Rethinking Education In Light of Climate Change
Exploring the education and training we will need to reduce carbon emissions and build local resilience
Friday 28 November 2008 - 9.00am - 5.00pm - € FREE - Cultivate Centre
What’s it all about? Practitioners will:
• Explore the education and training that is needed to support the reduction of carbon emissions and build local resilience
• Exchange ideas and models for building a more sustainable future.
The day includes presentations from Dr Angela Espinosa, University of Hull, Dr Stephen Sterling, Centre for Sustainable Futures - University of Plymouth, Margaret Kelly, Department of Education, Professor Peadar Kirby, University of Limerick, Gavin Harte, ESD Training Ltd., Elaine Nevin, ECO-UNESCO, Dr. John Barry, Queens University - Belfast and Davie Philip, Cultivate / Sustainable Projects Ireland.
Why attend these events?
• Share perspectives •Learn new methodologies and pedagogies • Network across sectors • Share good practice and insights • Explore the potential of Action Research • Explore the use of ICT and media in education
Who is this event for?
• 2nd and 3rd level educators and authorities • Further education practitionersand authorities • Development education practitioners • Community educators • Informal education sector • Policy makers and practitioners
How do i reserve a place?
Do you want to exhibit?