- Category: Energy & Climate
Fair Trade Tea, Films and a Public Interview with Albert Bates
Friday 14th September | Open til 10pm | Free
For more see: www.culturenight.ie
- Enjoy a Fair Trade tea or coffee in our eco shop
- Explore the learning garden
- Check out the gallery
- Relax in the ‘Powerdown Lounge’ with creative short films and animations on critical issues.
- At 8pm there will be a live public interview with a very special guest form the US, Albert Bates. Albert is an influential figure in the intentional community and ecovillage movements. A lawyer, author and teacher, he is author of many books including Climate in Crisis (1990). His latest book is the Post-Petroleum Survival Guide and Cookbook: Recipes for Changing Times. In it Bates examines the transition from a society based on cheap abundant petroleum to one of "compelled conservation". The book looks at the ways of preparing for this transition. He regards the coming changes as an opportunity to "redeem our essential interconnectedness with nature and with each other".