- Category: Community Resilience Archives
8 Tuesdays starting 22 May 2012 | 18.30 - 21.00 | €Free | The Greenhouse, 17 St Andrew St, D2
Everyone recognises that it's more important than ever to live sustainably. But how do you know what choices to make, and how can you learn the skills you need? This course is now FULL
This is a FREE 8 session series that can empower you, your family or community group with the knowledge and skills to make practical changes toward sustainable living. At the sessions, you’ll have an opportunity to meet like-minded members of the local community, share ideas and together make changes for sustainability. The workshops are run at the Greenhouse, 17 St Andrews Street, Dublin 2, Tuesday nights, starting on the 22nd of May, from 6:30-9 pm.
These sessions go beyond the usual talking shop, and provide information and teaching in tools like audits, metrics, and DIY and practical skills. When you finish the sessions, you will be able to practically apply concepts and skills to make measurable changes.
Session topics are:
- Session 1: What’s Sustainability All About?
- Session 2: Green Living - How You Live
- Session 3: Green Living - Where You Live
- Session 4: Green Building and Renovating
- Sessions 5/6: Your Back Garden (or Deck, or Balcony, or Window Box)
- Session 7: Waste Not, Want Not
- Session 8: The Upcycler, Recycler, and DIYer
To book your place please write to us here.